Many people wear fitness leggings or compression leggings for running or working out at the gym, but are they really beneficial? Compression leggings offer optimal muscle support during intense training and unbeatable thermoregulation. You are completely protected from oscillations, pain and muscle injuries thanks to its precise and seamless compression. Your legs will be fresh and toned day after day.
Nothing will stop you
The compression leggings provide complete muscle support from the calves to the gluteus muscles with optimal postural alignment. Compression leggings will give you the energy and strength whether for trail, running, fitness, cross fit or team sports. Ultra-light and easy-to-carry compression legging can be included as part of the mandatory equipment for ultra-long distance races. Thanks to its thermoregulatory properties, you will always be warm. Extreme changes in temperature between day and night are very common, especially if you compete in the high mountains or in the desert.
Benefits of compression leggings
These are the seven reasons why you should consider trying compression leggings in your workouts.
- Muscle damage – Wearing compression leggings improves recovery after training.
- Comfort – It is a comfortable garment used in the appropriate size. It is about exerting slight pressure, not pressing you.
- Muscle fatigue: This point refers to the improvement of the ability to maintain a muscular effort during prolonged and repetitive exercise.
- Thermoregulation: They regulate body temperature, especially in cold weather. They draw sweat out of the garment to dry, keeping the skin dry.
- Impacts: There is a decrease in impacts in acceleration. Stability and compression for the quadriceps and hamstrings muscles
- Muscle vibration: Different studies have verified that there are vibrations of soft tissue during exercise. What makes compressive garments worthy is the improvement by reducing these vibrations.
- Running economy – This point refers to energy consumption in running. It is measured based on oxygen consumption and the respiratory exchange ratio. An improvement in oxygen consumption has been demonstrated using garments of this type.
Regular, tight-fitting, stretchy sports leggings are ‘no pressure’, while compression leggings put slight pressure on the muscles. All these types of garments that oppress the body are known as: compression clothing. They began to be used in the medical field for postoperative and patients with circulation problems. Currently the use of these clothes is common in high-level athletes, but also for amateurs. Compression tights or leggings are tight and elastic garments that benefit venous return, help reduce the risk of injury, and improve post-race recovery.